The building industry watchdog is calling on homeowners affected by the collapse of Perth builder Western Luxury Homes to contact their insurance provider.
The building industry watchdog is calling on homeowners affected by the collapse of Perth builder Western Luxury Homes to contact their insurance provider.
The building industry watchdog is calling on homeowners affected by the collapse of Perth builder Western Luxury Homes to contact their home indemnity insurance provider.
The Perth building company called in liquidators Travis Kukura and Jerome Hall Mohen from RSM Australia to wind up the business on August 11, according to ASIC.
Building and Energy WA understands the builder was contracted for 12 residential building projects dating from mid-2020.
Building and Energy Executive Director Saj Abdoolakhan said Western Luxury Homes’ clients should contact QBE to discuss arrangements.
“This enables homeowners to begin the process of engaging another registered builder to complete the work or managing other remedies they may be entitled to,” he said.
The industry watchdog said subcontractors affected by Western Luxury Homes’ insolvency should contact RSM Australia Pty Ltd, which has been appointed as the liquidator.
Western Luxury Homes was reportedly in a previous partnership with now collpased builder Flexible Homes, which appointed liquidators in June.
Flexible Homes had been directly contracted for 19 projects, according to a statement issued by Building and Energy on June 28.
"Building and Energy has been investigating concerns about Flexible Homes’ building projects and contracting practices," it said at the time.
A WA newspaper reported that clients who signed with Flexible Homes later discovered their contracts were actually signed with Western Luxury Homes, under an arrangement between the two companies that was later cancelled.